Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Truth or Dare

One of my husband's cousins is getting married next month; this past weekend was the date of her bridal shower and bachelorette party. My mother-in-law, who is usually the first to say the oddest things, called me after the bridal shower and told me she had a bet going with my sister-in-law, her daughter. Apparently my sister-in-law argued that most newlyweds do not use every item a woman receives at her bachloerette party. The following was our conversation:

Mother-in-law (MiL): "Aunnie? Did you use every gift you received at your bachelorette party?"

Me: ". . . *Silence* . . . *chuckle*. . . Why?"

MiL: "I'm just curious."

Me: ". . . *Silence* . . . This isn't like the circumcision question, is it?"

MiL: "*Laughs* No, no, no."

Me: "Yeah, we used all of them."

Sister-in-law: "Well, no normal people use all of the gifts!"

The implication that my husband and I were abnormal was something I took as a compliment. However, the conversation took me back to my own bachelorette party and I dug up one of the more...abnormal gifts we received: a "Cosmo's Truth or Dare; Our Naughtiest Sex Game Ever!" I do not see a copyright stamp but I give full rights to the creator because this game is cool.

There are one hundred and twenty cards in all and each card has a truth or dare question/challenge. I've gone through a few--not all because I do not wish to ruin the game for any who might be interested--and some of the questions/challenges are entertaining and sometimes...a little enticing. If you're into that sort of thing.

One such card read:

  • Truth: "Neck? Ear? Collarbone? Which of those body parts do you prefer me to nibble on?"
  • Dare: Nibble on my earlobe for two minutes. 
...huh...I daresay those are interesting. 

Another:
  • Truth: "What physical trait of mine first caught your eye?
  • Dare: Choose one part of your body, and I'll massage it for thirty seconds--but only that one part, so choose wisely?
If a woman picked that card, she may take a minute to answer because nine out of ten, she'll pick a spot that actually needs to be massaged--shoulder, back, leg, are just a couple examples. A man? A man will, nine out of ten times, pick one area--if you catch my drift. Stereotypical? Maybe, but there are stereotypes for a reason. 

Last card before I close out the blog: 
  • Truth: How long would your ideal quickie last? Describe every moment.
  • Dare: Write an explicit note to me, then hide it someplace where I'll find it.
Dare kind of sounds like a fun, scavenger type game--also known as the "safer" route to travel.  Truth sounds like the preemptive strike that would start World War III. I know I can not be the only one to think this...

Well, I hope I entertained some people. See ya next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment