Thursday, July 3, 2014

The Idea of a Picture

Update on the resident Black Lagoon making those hellish sounds from my endarkened corner of the parking lot. I discovered a curious lack of sound on July 4th and again this evening, July 5th. The factory behind my parking lot treeline is uncharacteristically dark. Meaning, the lights around the building are off.  This usually means one of two things; 1) either the area has lost electricity in which case I, too, would be affected; or 2) they are closed due to the holiday. I am inclined to believe the latter.

I am comforted in knowing the mystery of the sounds.

I saw fireworks last night from four different celebrations. It reminded me of my favorite advertisement logo: Disney.  I'm not talking the 1990's span across the silver, spiked globe or the blue screen with a crossing rainbow. Im talking the newest one. Top of the tower with a retreating camera span to a starry-lit city surrounding a castle with a cool, smooth stream near it. Yeah, that one.

Which of course led me to thinking about two of my favorite images in the world:

1) The Mummry Returns: Imotep is standing on a balcony with the reincarnated Princess Anuk-su-na-mun (?) and he uses his magic to show her a vision of their previous lives and it spans out to show Ancient Egypt. Its a beautiful night scape with the pyramids dimly lit by torchlight and ancient-style boats navigating, what I can only assume is, the Nile--although Geographically speaking, I'm not entirely sure that is accurate--and it makes me speechless.

2) The other picture belongs to Thomas Kinkade. He was known as the 'Painter of Light' while he was alive. He made stunning paintings that always make me think of a fairy land. The name of the painting is 'Make A Wish Cottage'. If I were going to live in any fantasy,  that is where I would go. It is the most peaceful image I could think up. If you have never seen Thomas Kinkade's artwork, I suggest taking five minutes of your time and googling this artist.

Well I am starting to feel buggy on my balcony which is never a good sign so I shall retire for the evening...or is it morning? My friend likes to believe it is not morning unless they have gone to bed and woken up. I'm inclined to agree.

Good night, Annyeonghi Gaseyo. 

-Aunnie

No comments:

Post a Comment