Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Sounds in the Night

Its 62° in my neck of the woods tonight. It wasn't that long ago that 62 degrees would have felt marvelous however, after experiencing 80+ degree weather lately, I've begun to realize I have already adapted to the summertime heat. This does not sit well with me. It wont be long before the fall frost begins to coat our grass in the early hours of morning and the hint of winter is in the air. *sigh* Such is the life of a north-midwestern. However, I was born in California--but that is another story.

What concerns me at this late hour is the weird sound that has been coming from my apartment parking lot. With the general lack of vision in my eyes to begin with and my acute eye problem since last September, seeing the perpetrator has been, well, unsuccessful.  I would say it sounds like one of the small dinosaurs that ate the cocky Russia mercenary from Jurassic Park 2--Peter Stormare's character--however that would sound ridiculous to anyone who wasn't raised in the 90's. However, I digress. The first night I heard it, it sounded like a rusty door hinge. I surmised it to be the swinging door by the garbage bins. However, Im not so sure that is true anymore. Yesterday I noted that the sound increased and was becoming more frequent.  Tonight, it almost sounds like a creature of some sort. If you are a horror fanatic like me then you'll understand when I say that the cause of this sound could be from any possibility of the spine-tingly variety.

I have spent the last ten minutes weighing the pros and cons of conducting my own personal investigation once the sun rises high in the sky however, Im not sure if my need to give in to my curiosity is important enough to snoop into the unknown.  If only Chen were here...don't sweat if you don't know the reference. Chen belongs to a different world not many are prepared to face. That is also a story for another time...

It seems my body is not ready to face the familiar decrease in temperature that we will all be forced to adjust too in a few months so the idea of going back inside is appealing.

This is, most likely, the first of an actual blog thread that I feel the need to begin.

I hope everyone is tucked away, warm and cozy in their beds and until next time. 안녕히 가세요 ("Annyeonghi Gaseyo")!

-Aunnie

1 comment:

  1. We're sorry--Chen is currently assisting Tao by standing guard while he takes his daily showers with Kris no long able too since his departure from the group.....thus he has no time to be fearless in your stead

    ReplyDelete