Monday, July 7, 2014

Moments in Life

Life would be boring without memorable moments. Whether its hanging out with friends, meeting your future spouses or the birth of your child, these are amazing moments. However, not all moments are good.

As an example, I had one if the scariest moments of my life recently. I came home to find my youngest son (of the feline variety) locked out on our 3rd story balcony.

And the worst part of it . . . I still have no idea how he got out.

Miraclously, he didnt fall off the balcony or jump over to the adjacent balcony a mere foot away. I dont know whether he was too scared to get close to the edge or not curious enough to make the dangerous leap to investigate the neighboring balcony, which is his usual nature.

The very idea that my pseudo-son could have died is, to borrow a quote from J.R. Ward, "not something I could do in the hypothetical".

I had a good freak out moment and cried, held my son and, of course, thanked the Lord above for not taking away one of the most precious people--for he is a person to me--in my life.

However, not all moments are horrifying. One of the happiest moments of my life was getting into the college I wanted.  Til the day I die, I will never forget the phone call. I had been denied first and was devastated because I wouldnt be able to go to the only college I ever wanted to go too but my mother found a loophole. I didnt even know she'd been looking but she found it and when she called me, she only asked me one question: "Do you still want to go to St. Cloud State University?" I had given a very lackluster "Yes" because I didnt believe I'd be able to get in but then she said she found a way. I burst into tears and fell to the floor.

It wouldn't be until later that I realized people weren't lying when they said "Everything happens for a reason." Had I been accepted on the first try, I would never have met the person who would ultimately introduce me to my future husband.

I still dont want to believe everything happens for a reason because so many horrible and despicable things happen for no apparent reason at all but maybe, just maybe, there is a reason for some things...

No comments:

Post a Comment